Thursday, April 15, 2010

Newly Overhauled

I did something really dumb on Sunday.  I was walking upstairs from my long ride on the trainer, getting ready to take Asher out and do our brick (run after the bike) and I dropped my new (in November) Garmin on the tile floor cracking the glass on the face of it.  I was sooooo mad at myself.  It still worked but wasn't going to be around long in its current state.


So Monday morning I called Garmin support to see if this was something they could fix or if I had to buy a new watch.  I was explaining what happened to the gentleman on the phone and he said this was something that didn't happen very often and shouldn'tnd he would cover the watch under warranty!!  Heck ya!!  I was so happy.  He did say it would cost $99 to fix the screen or buy a new one at $400.  Ugly numbers for a stupid error.  So yesterday in the mail came this:


             

A package....stating something inside was "Newly Overhauled".  I loved it.  Great.  And in that fun package.....



my new (refurbished/newly overhauled) Garmin.  I was able to use my old one (I put one of my iPhone screen protectors over it so the glass wouldn't fall out while I was running or biking) but this new one is good to go.  Ready to take the abuse of being in my posession.  At least this time Asher didn't chew it up like the last time I had to get a new one.  The fault was definitely on me.  Thanks Garmin support for being so awesome in all this mess!!!

1 comment: