Friday, April 16, 2010

Dogs 'a Barkin'

Now that I have been able to bike outside more I am remembering all the "fun" things about biking outside....cars that don't watch for bikers, cars that think bikers don't belong on roads (not sure where they want me to go when I'm on a country road with a gravel shoulder), nasty head winds and farm dogs that chase you (this is possibly my favorite of them all).  Some of the farm dogs are fast, some are big, some have large snarly teeth, and some have it all, fast, big, black and large snarly teeth that like to chew on bikers.  Keep in mind these farm dogs have trained all winter to be in top physical condition to chase a biker when they get the opportunity, 6 months they've waited to sink their teeth into our leg.  So when one comes barreling at you like it's the biggest thrill in the world, push on those pedals like you've never pushed before, see what you really have and hope like heck the dogs endurance isn't nearly what they think it is.  Wednesday night when I rode I had a fun one.  I got chased by a big black dog with snarly biker eating teeth while his owner proceeded to rake a patch of dirt and pay no attention to his dog that took off after me like I was his next meal.  I was like WTF!!!  Now I have a big black dog



Who has also been known to chase bikers


But he doesn't have snarly biker eating teeth and I don't rake dirt while my dog chases people (look how much fun he is having running with those bikers).  Some people just downright scare the heck out of me.  So as we all spend more time on the roads running, biking or walking be careful for inattentive Big Mac eating cigarette smoking drivers and dogs with snarly endurance eating teeth.  It's a crazy world out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment