Thursday, March 11, 2010

Training February 28 - March 6, 2010

Sunday:
am) Bike: 75 miles  3:46:33   Long Ride
       Run: 6 miles 52:53 (ran on the treadmill after the ride)

Monday:
am) Swim: 3200 yards 1 hour
am) Bike: 33 miles 1:40:38 
       Biked after the swim.  Had to fly to NY in the afternoon.

Tuesday:
am) Run: 8.8 miles 1:09:34  Intervals
pm) Bike: 15 miles  46:08

Wednesday:
am) Run: 11 miles  1:29:05  Tempo

Thursday:
am) Elliptical: 1:31:13 (Wrote down 10 running miles for this effort)
pm) Bike: 15 miles 47:45
       Weights: 30 minutes

Friday:
am) Run: 7.2 miles 1:06:05  Recovery Run

Saturday:
am) Run: 17 miles 2:30:12  Long Run

Totals:
Swim: 3200 yards 1 hour
Bike: 138 miles 7:01:04
Run: 60 miles 8:39:02
Weights: 30 minutes

17 hours for the week, not bad.  I was in New York again this week from Monday afternoon till very late Friday night.  My flight didn't get into Green Bay until 11pm, 12 est and I had been up at 4:30 est that day.  Friday was a long day.  I definitely felt the effects of flying late on Saturday morning's run.  I got my long ride and brick in on Sunday.  Monday I swam and biked, worked from home for a bit, then flew to NY.  Got there around 9:30 est.  Tuesday I did my intervals on the treadmill at the hotel fitness center.  Those treadmills are about 0.1 miles off I think based on my time and PE (perceived exertion), pace is off too but I have to figure out the conversion on that one yet.  Good interval set.  I was able to get a short ride in at night.  That bike in the fitness center is not comfortable.  I miss mine at home.  Wednesday I got up feeling good so I said I would run 5-8 miles.  Wound up doing 11.  I felt really good.  Thursday I did the elliptical, I didn't want to run 6 days in a row so Thursday was a good day to do something different.  I like that elliptical there.  It gives me a good workout.  My heart rate mirrors my effort on the bike, maybe just a tad higher.  I got to bike and do a weight session at night too.  Friday I did my recovery run.  This run was tougher.  I like mixing up the pace like I did on Tuesday and Wednesday.  Keeps things more lively on the mill.  Flew home Friday afternoon/evening.  Saturday ran with Mark and Asher.  They both did awesome.  I felt light headed and tired for pretty much the whole run.  I could feel the effects of traveling for the week.  We made it though.  Only two weeks til LA.  I can't wait!!  I get to stay home now for 2 weeks until LA.  It will be nice to get back into my rhythm again.

No comments:

Post a Comment