Friday, March 12, 2010

Peanut Butter Cookies

Peanut butter.  What a great food. Peanut butter and banana, peanut butter and jelly, peanut butter and cinnamon and sugar.....and don't forget about peanut butter cookies.  All are just awesome!  One Sunday I had a craving for peanut butter cookies so I went searching for a gluten free recipe and I found some awesome stuff.  I eventually settled on this recipe:

Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies

1 large egg
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
1/3 cup chocolate chips (optional)

Beat together egg, sugar, baking soda and vanilla.  Add in the peanut butter.  Finally add in the chocolate chips.

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.  Drop about a teaspoon of dough onto baking sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.  Let cool on sheet for a couple minutes before removing so they set.  Makes about 3 dozen.


Instead of the chocolate chips I used Reese's Pieces and they tasted awesome.  Lots of peanut butter goodness!  Also I think you could get by with using 1/4 cup sugar based on what I've read.  I want to try them again that way.  Also instead of sugar I used crystallized sugar cane juice.  That stuff is awesome!  Just like sugar just not nearly as processed.  Also this was the first time I've ever used parchment paper, oh my was this stuff awesome!!  It made clean up a snap and nothing stuck to the paper which was great.  I've converted; I don't think I'll ever go back! 


No comments:

Post a Comment