Friday, March 12, 2010

Snickerdoodle Cookies

I was browsing this awesome blog for recipes and I ran across this old favorite.  This is something we used to make when I was a kid but had never attempted since I went Gluten-free.  This recipe turned out awesome.  I highly recommend them.


Gluten-Free Snickerdoodles

1/2 c. (1 stick) butter, softened
3/4 c. sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 c. white rice flour
1/2 c. potato starch
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cream of tartar
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
2 Tb. sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon

Mix all the above ingredients together except the cinnamon and sugar.  Mix the cinnamon and sugar in a separate small bowl.  After you mix all the other ingredients together for the dough into small balls.  Roll the balls in the cinnamon and sugar mixture and place on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.  Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment