Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Training February 21-27, 2010

Sunday: 
am) Bike: 71 miles 3:35:41  Long Ride
       Run: 6.6 miles 1:00:07   Brick (ran after the bike ride on the treadmill)

Monday:
am) Swim: 3200 yards 1 hour
pm) Bike: 35 miles 1:46:36  Tempo

Tuesday:
am) Run: 6 miles 45:27   Intervals
pm) Bike: 27 miles 1:21:35  Intervals
       Weights: 45 minutes (at home after the bike ride)

Wednesday:
am) Run: 8 miles 1:09:21   Tempo
pm) Bike: 43 miles 2:11:16    Mid-week Long Ride
       Run: 3 miles 25:10 (Run after the bike ride on the treadmill)

Thursday:
am) Swim: 3200 yards 1 hour
pm) Bike: 30 miles 1:32:22     Recovery ride

Friday:
am) Run: 6.2 miles 57:21   Recovery run

Saturday:
am) Run: 20.2 miles  3:02:30  Long Run

Totals:
Swim: 6400 yards  2 hours
Bike: 206 miles  10:27:30
Run: 50 miles  7:19:56
Weights: 45 minutes

I was in Green Bay this whole week, just on the phone all week training at work.  It was nice being home and getting back in my normal routine.  Sunday was my normal long ride followed by a run.  I have been trying out new nutrition on the bike and feel good on the start of the run but get light headed about 15 minutes in.  I think it's a lack of sugar but I'm not sure.  I have been trying to eat some honey stingers towards the end of the bike but so far it's not helping.  I'll keep working on it.  Monday was a swim with Mark and Chris and a bike ride in the evening.  Went to Dr. Ebben today as well.  Tuesday Asher and I did our intervals.  We had to do mile repeats so I thought we would warm up then get going but he was ready to go out the door and I felt good so I went with it.  Turned out to be a really good run and we really pushed the hard segments.  Intervals on the bike at night followed up by a good weight session.  Tuesday's are tough.  Wednesday morning we met Mark and Tammy for a run in the snow.  It snowed a couple inches over night.  It was really pretty.  Did a longer bike ride at night and a quick 3 mile run after the bike ride.  I pushed the pace on the run to see how fast I could go before getting out of zone 3.  I got going pretty good.  It was really cool.  Thursday was a swim with Mark and Chris and I did a nice easy recovery ride at night.  Definitely needed a recovery ride.  Asher got his hair cut on Thursday (4 months since his last one, he was a bushy beast :) so Friday morning I did my recovery run on the treadmill.  Just nice and easy.  It was 0 out so I figured Asher would be too cold out there.  Saturday Mark and I did our long run.  We wanted to get one more 20 miler in before LA.  This one went pretty good.  He got a hand held bottle so we practiced drinking and our nutrition.  We felt better about it than the week before.  Good week of training.  20 1/2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment