Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Navarino Trail Half Marathon

I did the Navarino Trail Half Marathon back in mid-April but never posted anything about it.  I'm a slacker...I know.  Anyway, this was a Marathon or Half Marathon.  Totally awesome.  I go over and run on the Navarino trails a few times a year.  It's one of the only trails in the area that it's okay to have dogs....and yes that erks me to no end!  Asher loves it and so do I so when they changed their previous distance of a 15K to a marathon or half marathon I knew I had to do one.  I didn't want to do three marathons in three months so I stuck with the half.  It was great.  A couple friends of mine ran the full so I got there early to watch them start (they started an hour before us halfers did).  I ran the half and then went back and got my friend Jeff and finished again with him.  It was a cool and windy day but you didn't notice it too bad in the thick forest.  This race is really well run and the trails are soft and challenging.  I recommend this to anyone that likes to trail run.  I never posted the few pictures I took from the race so here they are:

Marathon Start


Marathon Start


Brad after the first mile (he went on to take second for the marathon)


Mike after the first mile (he's in the white shirt)


The Half Marathon medal

No comments:

Post a Comment