Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Mystery Solved

Well, my long standing foot mystery is finally solved.  I took all last week off from running after the marathon.  I even did very little walking to try and stay off it as much as possible.  I would go to bed at night and it would be fine, then I would wake in the morning and not be able to walk on it.  I could push on my heel with no pain.  Very odd.  So maybe it was something other than a heel bruise.  So I went searching on the internet and also called my PT to run through what was going on to see what he knew.  Well I figured it out before I even talked to him (but did confirm with him when he called me back).  I have achilles tendinitis.  Everything that was going on last week matched to every one of these symptoms.  Ugh!  I looked back and this has been a problem since November.  Double UGH!!!  So now that I finally know what the problem is, how do I get it fixed without ruining my whole season.  I talked to the PT and my mom who talked to the PT's she works for and came up with a game plan.  I have a Strassburg sock, so I have to wear that at night, ice....lots!, continue using my foam roller and use my ProStretch to stretch it out.  All things you would do if you have plantar fasciitis.  I also ordered some KT tape to tape the area which is supposed to help.  My mom said they use a ton of it at the clinic that she works at.  I've heard good things about it so I figured I'd give it a shot.  I figured this all out on Monday.  Oh and Sunday night my pilot light on my water heater went out so I had no hot water until the plumber came over on Monday to fix it.  My life is trying....a lot!  But it has been two mornings, two mornings of running and two nights of wearing the sock and I can definitely see a difference.  I can walk when I get up and I have very little pain when I run.  Knock on wood.  I hope this finally solves my foot issues for good.  I've had foot pain, of some sort, for over 3 years so I'm looking forward to finally being totally pain free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment