Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Necklace Holder

This probably surprises a lot of you but I love to be crafty.  I don't have a lot of time for this stuff anymore so when I do I get really excited.  I used to make things out of seed beads and clay and I like to wood work.  I was one of two girls in tech-ed in high school and the other girl in the class was only in it because we were friends and I talked her into it.  I took a jewelry class in high school three times I loved it so much.  I made things out of metal, soldered stuff, made a bag out of beads on a loom, made a table which is still in my basement (it's in sad shape now but has been through a lot).  This stuff is what I love to do.  So when I was at Wal-Mart a couple month's ago in the craft department I got an idea.  I had all of my necklaces hanging on the back of my bedroom door handle and they were just a tangled noisy mess.  So I saw a wood hanger that would work perfectly to hang these so they could instead be an organized mess.  Then I thought I could paint something on it, something cool, something that was special to me....ah the M-Dot.  The Ironman symbol.  Something I don't flash around a lot but something that means a lot to me.  (I'll save "what the Ironman means to me" for a different post.)  I was just going to paint it in red paint but then Jeff suggested wood burning it.  His dad has a wood burner and I could do the M-Dot with that.  So one Saturday afternoon, I got the burner out and went to town.  It was great.  I finally got around to hanging it up and cleaning up the necklaces.  Here is how it turned out. 

2 comments:

  1. Cool holder! You know what else would look good hanging off that? Answer your Ironman medals of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am making something else for my medals. It's going to be awesome. When I finally finish it I'll post it.

    ReplyDelete