Friday, February 12, 2010

Eco-Planet Instant Hot Cereal

I eat Gluten free, have since the fall of 2004.  I found through some self diagnosis, because it is very hard to detect in a blood test, that I have a gluten intolerance.  Since I cut out gluten from my diet I have felt so much better.  There are things I miss that I haven't found a good substitute for but it is 100% worth it, no question.  I'll post more on being gluten free another time as this post is for a new product I tried that I wanted to tell you about. 

I'm always up for trying new things, especially if it's something I miss being gluten free, so when I was at the local health food store perusing I found something I had never seen before.  Gluten free oatmeal.  It was a variety pack and I didn't like all the kinds but got me thinking that I've never really been an oatmeal eater and I can't eat the commercial kind because there is cross contamination that occurs (like with Quaker oats) and it bothers me because of the contact with gluten.  I then went to Festival and was looking in their natural foods section and found this new product.  Eco-Planet Instant Hot Cereal.  Three flavors.  Original, Apples & Cinnamon and Maple & Brown Sugar.  I figured I'd give it a try.  This hot cereal is made mostly of whole oats but also has buckwheat, sorghum, brown rice, puffed rice, quinoa and millet.  Lots of awesome stuff with great nutrition and fiber.  I have tried the original (and added a touch of brown sugar with it) and the apples & cinnamon.  Both were awesome.  And at 150 calories per serving it is a great snack.  I highly recommend you try this product.  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment