Monday, January 25, 2010

Training January 17-23, 2010

As I get into this blogging thing I'm trying to figure out how to keep track and report my training for the week.  Here is a quick recap of the week by day.  Not a lot of detail here.  I keep a lot more detail in my training log.  As I get into this more I'll figure out what I want to post.  I'm usually pretty private about my training because all I ever seem to get is criticism (about mileage, duration, times I work out, etc.), not a lot of encouragement or positive feedback so I usually just keep it pretty quiet.  We'll see how this works. 

Sunday:  
am) Bike: 70 miles 3:32:46 Run: after bike 6 miles 55:00 
pm) Weight Lift: 40 minutes  Snowshoe at Baird's Creek.

Monday:
am) Swim: 3400 yards 1 hour 
pm) Bike: 31 miles 1:31:45 recovery ride

Tuesday:
am)Run: 6.1 miles 48:08  intervals
pm)Weight Lift: 50 minutes

Wednesday:
am) Run: 7.1 miles 58:08  tempo
pm) Bike: 41 miles 2:05:23   Run: after bike:  3 miles 25:38   Endurance ride with a brick.

Thursday:
am) Swim: 3200 yards 1 hour
pm) Bike: 31 miles 1:34:32 Intervals

Friday:
am) Run: 5.3 miles 47:14 recovery

Saturday:
am) Run: 18 miles 2:45:54  Long run

Totals:
Swim: 6600 yards 2:00:00
Bike: 172 miles 8:44:26
Run: 45.5 miles 5:52:48
Weights: 1:30:00

Good solid week of training.  I ran all my miles except for my brick with Asher.  He even did the 18 miler on Saturday with us.  He did awesome.  He lost a shoe on Friday though so that was a bit disappointing.  Some notes on the week:  Sunday's long ride and brick felt good.  I still need to work on regulating the calories on the bike for the run after as I was a little light headed for the run.  Tuesday night I had to coach all night so only had time for a good weight session.  Wednesday morning Asher and I met Mark and Tammy for our mid-week run.  Nice to catch up with them.  Mark just came back from Naples where he did the Naples Half Marathon and did awesome.  Thursday did a hard interval session on the bike.  Friday did a nice recovery run.  Saturday was a long run with "the gang" (Mark, Steve, Mike, Erik and Asher).  We ran up Scray's hill and back down heritage.  We had 1800 feet of elevation gain.  And I kept my heart rate in the right zone so I was very happy with that effort. 

My feet are really bothering me so after doing some research and talking to my orthotics guy, I think I've figured out that I have bruised heels.  My right is much worse than my left but they have been bad for a couple months with no reprieve.  A day off and they feel better only to feel bad again the next day when I run again.  So because I have a lot planned for the year I am going to take a few days off of running and instead bike and pool run.  And lots of ice and gel heel cups in my shoes.  Hopefully this allows them to heal.

3 comments:

  1. You just keep amazing me girl!! Wow! Keep up the awesome training. I checked your blog because I just looked up the info on the Navarino Eco-marathon...you mentioned and I think it would be a fun race to do!! Are you planning on putting on your goals for the year? I'm all for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice week!!! Keep up the solid work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy, We did talk about the Navarino run on Saturday. I'm thinking the half there. It's a great place to run so this race should be a blast.

    ReplyDelete