Friday, January 29, 2010

The Results Are In.....

Today was my first day back running in almost a week.  It was a balmy -3 with wind chills of -13.  My left toes were freezing and my quads were red when I got done but it was great being out there again.  My feet don't feel any better (or worse) than they did before the small break.  They were a little tight when I first started but once I got warmed up and my achilles were warm everything seemed to flow much better.  I wonder if some of my heel problem is caused by tight achilles.  Something to work on I guess.  I iced when I got to work so hopefully functions normally tomorrow.

Asher was thrilled to go running today.  He had a frosty beard and his new red shoes on and he had a blast.  Here is a picture of him with his red shoes on.  His frosty beard melted as soon as we got inside. 


We saw something kind of funny today.  There was a guy at this stop light, that we were waiting at, turning while eating a donut giving us a look like we were the crazy ones.  One day we had a guy smoking a pipe shaking his head at us as he drove through the round about as we ran through it.  And another morning some girl drove by us and yelled at the top of her lungs that we were crazy.  It was November and I had shorts on so I'm not sure if it was that or the fact that it was 4:30 in the morning.  Either way she seemed pretty convinced that we were crazy!  Too each their own kind of crazy I guess.  I think donuts, smoking pipes and staying up all night at the bars is crazy.  I guess it takes all kinds. :) 

2 comments: