Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Heel Update and Other Misc. Items

Well today marks my 4th day since my last run, my 18 miler last Saturday.  This actually turned out to be a good week to take off since the feels like temperature this morning was -12 and I probably wouldn't have taken Asher out anyway since I don't like to take him out if it's that cold.  Even saying that, I am missing it and Asher is majorly missing it.  I think he's even a little ticked at me for not taking him.  I try and explain but he just doesn't seem to understand, or really care, he just wants to run.  And to top it off I'm not really sure if my heel is any better.  It doesn't really hurt when I push on it like it did before but sometimes I think I feel some pain.  I have been wearing my gel heel cups in every pair of shoes and icing at least twice a day, sometimes even three times so I sure hope it's all in my head and my heel really is doing better. 

I have been biking a ton this week, 4 times for 6 hours in the last two days and I'm going to go pool running tonight.  Last night I took Jeff through my weight routine.  He did pretty good, he did about 1/2 to 2/3 of the workout.  We did find out he doesn't have any tricep strength which is something he will have to work on.  Brad and I used to lift pretty regularly a couple years ago and I could tell last year when we didn't.  It's not always the most fun but crank the music, dance a bit with Asher and the time flies.

1 comment:

  1. Good post. Keep them coming. I'm doing treadmill tonight too cold for me.

    ReplyDelete