Friday, November 26, 2010

YMCA Turkey Trot

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

Yesterday I did a traditional Turkey Trot.  In fact, this was the 115th annual turkey trot, here in Buffalo, NY.   This is the oldest consecutive running road race in North America.  This year they capped the race at 12,500 and it filled a couple weeks ago.  This was a 5 mile race starting north of downtown and you run into down town.  As I usually do, I ran before the race with Asher.  This has been our traditional for as long as I've had Asher.  He usually doesn't get to do the race but I still want him to be a part of the day so I run first with him.  I got changed and we headed to the race.  It was supposed to rain and was very windy.  I had shorts on but there weren't many to brave the bare legs.  We got lined up and the gun went off.  It took us 5 1/2 minutes to get to the start line.  Apparently we lined up pretty far back.  I spent pretty much the whole race running around people.  The race went well.  I felt awesome and had fun.  There were several people dressed up in costumes.  It was fun seeing all the costumes and running along a road I had never run on before.  I got close to the finish, picked up the pace the last two miles and kept passing people.  Got to the finish and headed back to find Jeff.  I found him at mile 4 and ran the rest of the way to the finish with him.  It was just misting but really turned out to be a perfect day to run.  Felt great, awesome company, great run.  Overall a great way to spend Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment