Monday, November 15, 2010

Long time....no update

I haven't written on here in a long time, sorry about that to my couple of readers.  Things have been going on I just haven't had a spare chance to write about them.  So I'll do my best to update you and keep you updated in the future.  First and foremost I have a new address and even a new time zone.  On October 24th Jeff, Asher and I packed up our vehicles and moved to Buffalo, NY.  I had a job transfer that I have known about since the first part of the year and this was finally the weekend to do it.  The moving truck came on Thursday and Friday, packed up all of my belongings and loaded them into this huge truck.  The guys were awesome.  Very friendly and helpful.  And best part is they packed everything and had to carry it and put it on and take it off the truck.  That's one of the worst parts of moving, in my opinion.  Jeff and I each drove our cars, Asher with me, to Cleveland on the 24th and the rest of the way to Buffalo on the 25th.  We lived on very minimal items until our stuff came on Thursday, the 28th.  I have never been so happy to see my stuff!  The movers moved everything into the apartment and storage unit in a matter of about 5 hours.  It was crazy and there was stuff everywhere!!  It was tricky getting everything put away and cleaned up.  I downsized from a house, with essentially 3 floors and a 2 car garage to a two bedroom apartment with no basement and a one stall garage.  Thank goodness for the storage unit!  It took almost two weeks but we finally got almost everything put away.  It was nice to be able to use the living room, workout room and kitchen again.  Now that we have everything moved in we have spent our time exploring the area and all there is to do here.  We don't know how long we will be here so we plan to live like tourists and see and do as much as we can.  I plan to write about as many of these as I can.  The weather has been mild so far, so that has allowed us to get in some outside activities which has been fun.  Asher and I have been having a blast finding new running routes around our apartment.  I have been biking on my trainer in our workout room and I found a great pool that is super quiet downtown that I have been swimming at.  The Y pool was hot and had too many floaters for me.  I miss my friends back home but am trying to stay in touch with them as much as possible.  I hope to get involved in some groups here to meet some people, not to replace, just in addition to the great people I have already met on my life's journey.  Apartment life is going okay so far.  I was very worried about how Asher would do with the move but he's doing great.  We have actually worn him out so much he's snoring by 9 at night.  Lots of dogs in the complex for him to check out too so we'll have to get out and meet them.  So I guess......let the journey begin....

1 comment: