Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Asher's 7th Birthday

Yesterday, August 23rd, 2010 was my baby Asher's 7th birthday.  I wanted to make the day special and do something that he loves.  So I planned to take the day off of work and take him swimming.  Jeff also joined us which was a lot of fun.  I decided to take him to Point Beach State Park.  We had never been there before but they have a dog approved beach on the sand dunes so I thought we could check it out.  It's about 45-50 minutes from our house so it's really not all that far.  And wow was it nice.  This is one of the nicest parks I have been to.  The water is very clear and clean.  The beaches are very clean as well.  The white sand beaches and clear blue water made it very beautiful. 







Asher had a blast swimming.  He was so tired at the end he could barely stand.  He swam and chased his ball for about 3 hours!  We literally almost had to drag him out of the water to go home!!








After swimming we went home and got cleaned up.  After dinner we were having a birthday party, of sorts, at Zesty's with Mark, Sue, Maggie and Ruby.  Asher had a pup cup and Sue sang Happy Birthday to him.  It was great.  He did better eating his ice cream this time.  He let me hold the cup while he licked it out.  I still had to wipe up his face with napkins after he was done though.  Which was a difficult task to say the least. 


Check out that stance.....serious stuff!

All I got were butts

Asher, Maggie and Ruby (all with ice cream on their faces)

No comments:

Post a Comment