Saturday, September 11, 2010

Ironman

Well it's finally here.  Ironman Wisconsin.  I signed up a year ago and spent the last year with this on my mind.  Training for it.  And all that goes along with it.  The training is all done now.  I'm all checked in, checked Griff in, and checked my T1 and T2 bags in.....so now all that's left is to be nervous.  This will be my 4th Ironman and I am just as nervous as the 1200+ newbies doing the race.....yes 1200+ newbies.  That's an incredibly large number.  I think there's around 2900 registered, which is a lot to all start the swim together.  So yes, I'm still as nervous as if it were my first.  I know how long the day is.  I know things can not always go your way and I have had something go wrong in each one of my 3 previous, so the unknown makes me scared and nervous.  And the known for that matter.  I just hope and pray that the day goes well. 

If you want to follow me during the day, Jeff will have my cell phone so you can text him or he will be posting tweets on twitter all day.  You can follow me on twitter here.  My twitter name is: @trigb21. 

The weather looks awesome for tomorrow.  So in true Ironman fashion.....let's get it on!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment