Friday, July 30, 2010

Movin' On

My friend Brad is one of my most consistent readers of this blog, perhaps one of the only readers of this blog, and he has pointed out that I have been MIA lately on my posts (I have a ton of posts just have been running out of time to post them so they will all be late, just so you know) and has requested a new post, so I figured it fitting that my next post be about him.  As of today Brad is about to embark on the next chapter in his life.  He leaves De Pere, WI today for a short stay with his parents in the Montello/Princeton area and then on to his new home in Colorado Springs, CO.  I'm very sad to see him go but am excited about the opportunity and challenges that lay ahead for him.

Brad and I have been friends for about 6 years, meeting in the running club.  We have lived 0.60 miles away for almost exactly 5 years.  We have gone on vacations together, run marathon together (and I use the term together loosely as he is usually waiting for at least an hour for me to finish), he's let Asher out and watched my house, I've watched his house (he doesn't have an Asher to let out), lifted weights together and just hung out.  He used to be the shy boy trying to qualify to run his first Boston Marathon to the fast not quite as shy boy setting new unbelievably fast marathon PR's and having a blast doing it. 

Brad is off to run in the mountain in Colorado and start the next chapter in his life.  Hopefully he doesn't forget the last chapter and stays in touch.  Brad....you better call, email and learn how to text.  And let me visit once in a while, even though we will soon be 24 driving hours apart.  Asher and I wish you the best of luck and maybe again we will live 0.60 miles away......

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the kind words Alicia. I will stay in touch for sure. You have been a great friend and we will continue to be friends! We might be many miles apart but always as close as the phone. I wish you all the best in the future!

    ReplyDelete